Wednesday 16 July 2014

Teacher's Gifts inspired by Studio Calico

With the end of term fast approaching this year I have been super organised and made teachers presents.  I decided to use a beautiful digital template from the Sugar Rush kit by Studio Calico.  Rather than using pictures in the template I filled the spaces with the colours already in the image to create a colourful heart.  At the bottom of the heart I used the Century Gothic font to write "athrawes orau" best teacher in Welsh.  

Once I was happy with the colours and the positioning I printed the design to check everything was ok.  I am so glad I did as the colours looked a bit washed out so I upped the red colours and then was happy with the finished look.  

Finally I could print out the flipped image ready to iron on the bags and after about an hour behind a hot iron I ended up with 9 bags that looked like this:


Here's a close up of the heart (I love this design):


What did you make/give this year?  Let me know in the comments below:

No comments:

Post a Comment