Here's a list of my favourite new American TV series from the last 6 months:
1. Nashville - Only seen 2 episodes of this but I have loved it. Hayden Panettiere's character seems to be brilliantly complicated and I can't wait to see how this show develops.
2. Beauty and the Beast - only a few episodes in on this one and i can tell I'm going to love it. Always liked Jay Ryan when he was in Neighbours and Sea Patrol so I was really excited when I heard about this show, it seems the Australians are taking over American TV!! The chemistry between Jay and Kristin Kreuk who plays Beauty (Catherine Chandler) is really intense and I really like watching them together. I'm really interested to see how think link's with Catherine's mother and Muirfield develop, I feel there's a really long and in depth story there.
3. Elementary - Another one of my favourite actors is Jonny Lee Miller (since his Trainspotting days - if that doesn't giveaway my age) so this was a must for me. I love it when someone takes something old and transforms it into something completely new just by changing a few small things, for example making Sherlock a recovering addict and Watson a woman and his sponsor. I really like that twist and thought it was portreyed really well by Lucy Lui. All the episodes I've seen so far have been really good and can't wait to watch the rest of the series.
4. Arrow - I have loved Arrow, from the very first episode it seems to have that Batman film action/adventure scenes as well as some really interesting characters. I love the way the episodes keep going back to Oliver's time on the island as if they are supposed to mean something. I realise that the flashbacks link in to the episode they feature in but I also think that they are there for another reason. So excited to keep watching and see where the series leads.
5. Chicago Fire - This is my favorite new show this year. I have loved Jesse Spencer since his Neighbours days and all the way through House so was so excited when I heard he had won the lead role in Chicago Fire. That made it a must watch tv show for me plus Taylor Kinney who players Severide is pretty tasty as well. The whole firehouse team seem to be well cast and gel together really well. Each episode is well written linking the different crews in so many different ways. There have been quite a few interesting relationships starts so i'm keen to watch what happens next..
This is defiantly my favourite new show this year!
Are you watching any of them? What do you think of my list? Is yours any different, let me know in the comments.