Saturday 15 January 2011

How to make your own journal using a Bind-it-All

I bought a Bind-it-All before Christmas and finally got to use it this weekend. A had wanted a journal to take to work and rather than going out and buying one I said I would make one for him.

Thinking it would be really difficult I set about planning the book. I decided to use lots of different types of paper as A wanted to draw and write in his book. I used some plain printer paper, some graph paper and some square paper - wanted to use some lined paper as well but I couldn't find any of that at the time. The size I decided would be A6 as everything was in A4 sheets so this would be easy to cut into quarters.

So, here's my step by step guide how to make your own mini book

First of all find 2 or 3 pieces of card and cut to size. I did 2 A6 size and 1 slightly smaller (about an inch narrower.






Cover these with your favourite paper or card - I used DCWV Rock Star papers which were distress with vintage photo distress ink and then sprayed with a home made silver spray. The embellishments are also from the DCWV Rock Star Range.






Then cut all your pages into the size you need for your project - I made mine A6 "ish". Not every page was the same size and this doesn't bother me.






Arrange the pages in the order you want them to go and bind them with the bind it all following the instructions in the videos here

Simple as that. Really easy and of you don't have a Bind-it-All why not use book rings.


Rach

No comments:

Post a Comment